unable to use RSA SecureID on Unbuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit

Mark Kolmar mark at burningrome.com
Fri Jul 18 13:12:46 PDT 2014

aOn 7/17/2014 6:43 PM, Kevin Cernekee wrote:
>> I gave up on NetworkManager-OpenConnect 0.9.10 because the GUI under Network Connections -> VPN was unavailable.
>
> Hmm, that's not so good either.  When you linked nm-openconnect
> 0.9.10, was the latest libopenconnect.so.3 from the 6.00 release
> already installed on your system?  Or is there a possibility that it
> got built against the old libopenconnect.so.2?

Removed Ubuntu packages related to openconnect, did make clean on
nm-openconnect, confirmed no libopenconnect.so.2 was present, rebuilt,
did make install. I guess some service/daemon should be running. Also
rebooted. Connection type is not present for openconnect. This was fine
with the Ubuntu package for v5.02. Fails with could not find VPN plugin
service for org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openconnect. When I try to
open a previously existing VPN connection, it reports the service fails
to start. There is a /usr/local/libexec/nm-openconnect-service but not
at the location reported in the error (/usr/lib/Network-Manager). Nice
if this worked after install, but not necessarily an OpenConnect issue.

Something was up with /etc/resolv.conf, most likely as I have multiple
VPNs on this VM that don't all necessarily play nice. After fixing the
symlink, at least openconnect v6.00 command line can really connect (not
just authenticate) to the old VPN that only requires the AD/LDAP
password. No effect on the auth using token on the new VPN.

--Mark