openconnect with safenet token

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jul 9 12:04:50 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-07-09 at 14:38 -0400, DeadManMoving wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Thank you so much for your reply, greatly appreciated.
>
> I am not using some sort of usb device as a token, i am using a software
> base token (http://www2.safenet-inc.com/sas/software-tokens.html).
>
> Under windows, when using cisco anyconnect and the above software from
> safenet, when i connect to the VPN, anyconnect is prompting me for my
> username and the passcode (PIN+token) so, i generate a token with the
> safenet software then i enter my PIN+token given to me by the software.

That sounds like you're doing it manually; typing the number shown to
you by one piece of software, into the dialog box presented by the
other.

That much is *certainly* possible with OpenConnect.

The HOTP support only comes into play when you want OpenConnect to
natively generate the PIN for itself each time, automatically.