ocserv from source CentOS 6.4 x64

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sat Nov 16 03:08:00 EST 2013

On Sat, 2013-11-16 at 11:54 +0800, Martin Lambev wrote:
> Hello Nikos,

> Okay got gnutls 3.2.6 and during configure it failed:
>
> checking for NETTLE... no
> configure: error:
>   ***
>   *** Libnettle 2.7 was not found.
>
> Altho i have just recompiled and installed v.2.7.1 again. Tryied to define netlibs location:
> $ export NETTLE_LIBS=/usr/local/lib64/
> and
> $ ./configure --with-libdir=lib64
> Neither of these solve this issue… but at the same time v.3.1.16 configures installs fine?
> Found a workaround: export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig/

pkg-config is used extensively here so you'll need that. Note that you
may need something like
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/:/usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig/

unless you specifically specified the libdir.

Also, if you want to use NETTLE_LIBS, it should be something like
"-L/usr/local/lib64/ -lnettle".

> I tried to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH, and LIBGNUTLS_LIBS and LIBGNUTLS_CFLAGS but If I manage to trick ./configure to pass it leads to other issues with "make" it complains that /usr/local/lib/" is a directory

I guess it's because of the LIBGNUTLS_LIBS format and PKG_CONFIG_PATH
being different (see above).