ocserv HEAD with iOS 6.1.2 fails after successful cert auth

Jason Cooper jason at lakedaemon.net
Thu Feb 28 12:11:37 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 04:51:24PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 11:23 -0500, Jason Cooper wrote:
> > I tend to take a pragmatic approach to these kinds of hotbutton topics.
> > Everyone needs security, regardless of OS of choice (or requirement).
> > However, it's David's code, if it needs a different license, then it's
> > up to him.  I'll ask once (if needed), respect the answer, and move on.
>
> It's mostly Intel's code rather than my own, in fact. So relicensing it
> would involve a fair amount of bureaucracy.

shudder.  Let's avoid that.

> Especially as I don't think I'd be keen just to switch to a MIT-style
> licence; I'd prefer to keep it LGPLv2 but with as minimal an exception
> as possible for allowing it to be present in the app store.

right, I'd prefer not to change it at all.

> Tracking down the non-Intel contributors and getting their permission
> too would be the easy part :)

VLC did it, but that was a much larger project (more contributors / more
people to track down copyright holders), and they only did a subset of
the code, libVLC.

> > Thanksfully, from the looks of VLC, that won't be needed.
>
> I'm not entirely sure what the VLC situation is. Is it back in the Apple
> app store now? http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2012/11/22/vlc-lgpl.html

I just installed VLC Streamer today.  So, yes.

I'll send an email to Chris Ballinger (author of SecureChat, GPLv3+ app
in the AppStore) and ask for some details as to how he navigates those
waters.

thx,

Jason.