ocserv HEAD with iOS 6.1.2 fails after successful cert auth

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Feb 28 11:51:24 EST 2013

On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 11:23 -0500, Jason Cooper wrote:
> I tend to take a pragmatic approach to these kinds of hotbutton topics.
> Everyone needs security, regardless of OS of choice (or requirement).
> However, it's David's code, if it needs a different license, then it's
> up to him.  I'll ask once (if needed), respect the answer, and move on.

It's mostly Intel's code rather than my own, in fact. So relicensing it
would involve a fair amount of bureaucracy. Especially as I don't think
I'd be keen just to switch to a MIT-style licence; I'd prefer to keep it
LGPLv2 but with as minimal an exception as possible for allowing it to
be present in the app store.

Tracking down the non-Intel contributors and getting their permission
too would be the easy part :)

> Thanksfully, from the looks of VLC, that won't be needed.

I'm not entirely sure what the VLC situation is. Is it back in the Apple
app store now? http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2012/11/22/vlc-lgpl.html