Openconnect Network Manager Interaction Ubuntu 12.04

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre mathieu.tl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:31:01 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Mike Miller <mtmiller at ieee.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Mcclelland, Michael B Mr CTR USN USA wrote:
>> Reran with debuild and but the build failed, should I be applying that
>> linked patch even though I'm on ubuntu?  I didn't get any warnings regarding
>> the version of network manager.
>>
>> here is my log:
>> http://pastebin.com/KAZX1fW7
>
> Hi Michael, your log shows that the network-manager-openconnect
> 0.9.4.0 package is incompatible with the libopenconnect.so.2 API, this
> was changed between openconnect 3.x and 4.x. You have 3 options:
>
> 1. Patch 0.9.4.0 to make it work with openconnect >= 4.00
> 2. Backport 0.9.6.0, patch it to compile against network-manager 0.9.4.0
> 3. Backport the entire network-manager 0.9.6.0 suite
>
> I had option 1 done at one point in Debian, but that work was never
> released as an official package.
>
> Option 2 would be to get the network-manager-openconnect 0.9.6.0
> Ubuntu source package and apply the patch linked to above. And as
> noted, that may or may not be all you need to do to follow this route.

network-manager-openconnect 0.9.6.0 requires NM 0.9.6.0.

> I would go with option 3, it will require building more packages but I
> suspect fewer changes to each one as I think the interdependencies
> between NM components are more tightly coupled than between NM and the
> rest of the system.

I have a PPA with the latest NetworkManager and plugins building
automatically every day. Obviously, that means none of it is really
tested with any kind of frequency.

However, it means it's trivial to cut stable versions for the *stable*
 PPA for Precise, now that the whole stack has been released for
0.9.6.0. I'll try to get that done today; but again, doesn't mean it
will be very stable or very tested.

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu.tl at gmail.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl at gmail.com
4096R/EE018C93 1967 8F7D 03A1 8F38 732E  FF82 C126 33E1 EE01 8C93