make install files going to root?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Apr 11 14:28:20 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 17:32 -0600, Scott Farrell wrote:
> After installing it I noticed that the root partition on our server is
> now full of directories that were not there before.

I believe this is because RHEL5's autoconf is from 2003.

It should now be fixed in openconnect git, by setting $(localedir) and
$(htmldir) manually for prehistoric versions of autoconf which don't set
them. If you pull and try again, it should get it right.

Building from the release tarballs should always have worked too, since
that doesn't depend on your system's version of autoconf.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation