some small fixes for 3.13 spec file

KEN YAP ken_yap at programmer.net
Wed Oct 5 22:21:46 EDT 2011

>Are you interested in maintaining the OpenConnect package in EPEL? And
>NetworkManager-openconnect?

It turns out that I was mistaken about the distro used by the road warriors. It's actually Fedora. So my EPEL builds won't be needed. So I won't be able to maintain the EPEL RPM.

However I would like to pass on a couple of notes for anybody attempting this for CentOS/RHEL 5 in future.

When the package is installed it wants openssl-0.98k-4. However the version in RHEL 5.7 is openssl-0.98e-20. As is normal practice with RHEL, they maintain the same version but backport any security fixes. Problem is I don't know which patch level has the DTLS fix required. A future maintainer would have to determine this.

The spec file specifies vpnc-script. However vpnc from rpmforge doesn't provide this. I changed the dependency to just vpnc.

I didn't enable libproxy and I don't know what RPMs are needed to satisfy this.

I didn't try to build NetworkManager-openconnect0.90. There were quite a few dependencies I couldn't satisfy, dbus version, etc.

That's it. Good luck to anybody trying to build for EPEL. Ask me if you hit any issues and I'll try to remember what I did.