Cookie problem with cisco load balancing

Nick Andrew nick at nick-andrew.net
Mon Dec 5 20:19:04 EST 2011

The VPN server I connect to has started redirecting from vpn.$DOMAIN to
vpn2.$DOMAIN and openconnect has problems with that.

I do a 2-step connection process: step 1, obtain the cookie. Step 2,
connect using the cookie. What is happening is that the cookie obtained
in step 1 is not usable by step 2, it gets a 401 Unauthorized return code.

Any idea what the problem is? As far as I know, the redirection always
goes to vpn2.$DOMAIN.

I've worked around the problem by telling openconnect to use vpn2.$DOMAIN
directly, but is this a bug in openconnect?

Nick.
--
PGP Key ID = 0x418487E7                      http://www.nick-andrew.net/
PGP Key fingerprint = B3ED 6894 8E49 1770 C24A  67E3 6266 6EB9 4184 87E7