problems on OpenSolaris

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jan 25 00:30:09 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 15:49 -0800, Jeff Haferman wrote:

> My question now is:  what is the proper way to disconnect?  I have been
> doing a control-c, and the process says it receives an interrupt, but
> doesn't seem to stop, so I control-c again and I notice that it doesn't
> properly restore the resolv.conf, and that I have to manually restore my
> connection to my non-VPN network.

Ah, I managed to get into my Solaris VM and think I see the problem.
It's trying to delete the IPv6 default route on the VPN, even when your
VPN only provides Legacy IP. That causes a DNS lookup which will take a
while before it times out.

If you hit ^C a second time you'll end up leaving the /etc/resolv.conf
in place which says '@VPNC_GENERATED@' in it, and then it kind of goes
downhill from there.

Please could you update vpnc-script from the git repository, ensure you
don't have that tag in your /etc/resolv.conf and test again.