problems on OpenSolaris

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jan 25 00:11:40 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 15:49 -0800, Jeff Haferman wrote:
> Jeff Haferman wrote:
> > David Woodhouse wrote:

> >> Yay Solaris!
> >>
> >> Please could you test the patch I've just pushed to the git repository?
> >

> > OK, it compiles.  But now upon running I get
> >
> > which: no ip in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/gnu/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin)
> > [snip]

That ought to be harmless -- it's detecting whether you have the 'ip'
tool or not, and you don't. It ought to have its stderr redirected
to /dev/null; perhaps that needs to be made more portable
(although it's 2>/dev/null -- isn't that OK?)

> > ./vpnc-script[301]: /var/run/vpnc/resolv.conf-backup: cannot open [No such file or directory]

Hm, odd. Is that when it's trying to _create_ the file? It ought to be
ensuring that the /var/run/vpnc/ directory exists.

Try making the first line of vpnc-script read '/bin/bash -x'. Then you
get lots more clues... :)

> My question now is:  what is the proper way to disconnect?  I have been
> doing a control-c, and the process says it receives an interrupt, but
> doesn't seem to stop, so I control-c again and I notice that it doesn't
> properly restore the resolv.conf, and that I have to manually restore my
> connection to my non-VPN network.

Hm. It ought to disconnect. Does it not print 'Client received SIGINT'?

Can you use strace^Wtruss and see what happens from the signal onwards?
And run it with -v too?

> If I try to connect again to the VPN, openconnect tells me I'm
> connected, but I can't actually ping anything at the VPN gateway or
> beyond, UNLESS I do a re-boot.

Hm, that sounds like routes getting confused.

I had all this working on Solaris quite recently -- even for IPv6.
Unfortunately my JeOS image doesn't seem to let me log in any more.
How do I boot it into single-user mode and unlock the 'osol' user?