problems on OpenSolaris

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Jan 24 05:10:32 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-23 at 16:21 -0800, Jeff Haferman wrote:
> Anyway, I installed "tun" prior to finding the OpenConnect info.  I
> then found OpenConnect, and followed the instructions.  I first tried
> OpenConnect 2.21, but it would not compile.

Er, can you show the error message?

>   So I went to the 2.10 version, and it compiled fine (I used gcc and
> gmake).
>
> ./openconnect --script=./vpnc-script https://<my-anyconnect-server>
>
> I get
> getaddrinfo failed: node name or service name not known

Hm. That sounds like either DNS lookups aren't working, or getaddrinfo()
on Solaris is broken.

Can you check the arguments to getaddrinfo() are sane? Make it print
them in ssl.c just before the call to getaddrinfo().

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation