getaddrinfo failed: Servname not supported for ai_socktype

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Aug 8 07:41:29 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-08-07 at 17:41 -0500, Matthew Kitchin (public/usenet) wrote:
> Hmm. No luck it seems. I tried with the switch you indicated. It seems
> like it compiles correctly (see below)
>
> It won;t connect though. It just sits here:
> [root at VM-MKLinux ~]# openconnect https://216.248.9.102 --no-cert-check
> --script /etc/openconnect.script
> Attempting to connect to 216.248.9.102:443
> SSL negotiation with 216.248.9.102
>
> Do you see something obvious I did wrong?

No, looks like you did it right. Dunno why it would do that.

Often for me when making an SSL connection is slow, it's doing something
related to Kerberos. How long did you give it? Does 'openssl s_client
-connect 216.248.9.102:443' manage to connect any quicker?

Using strace on it may be enlightening, as might a tcpdump of the
traffic between you and the server to see what's happening.

Or just update to Fedora 13 as you suggest, and use that.