not properly disconnected sessions with openconnect

Horváth Szabolcs hszhsz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:10:41 EDT 2009

David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> írta (2009. szeptember 16. 16:56):
> On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 16:49 +0200, Horváth Szabolcs wrote:
>>
>> //vpninfo->quit_reason = "Client received SIGINT";
>> vpninfo->quit_reason = "\xb0The user has requested to disconnect the
>> connection.";
>
> Aha. I assume that it's just the 0xB0 at the beginning which makes the
> difference, and the text isn't relevant?
>
> Normally, we find that a session can be re-used. If you first
> authenticate by using 'openconnect --cookieonly', then you can connect
> as many times as you like using that same cookie until it expires.
>
> With your change, does the session expire after you disconnect the first
> time? If so, we might need to give some thought to when we do this.
>
> I wonder what values _other_ than 0xB0 mean...?

New test cases and results can be found here:
http://hsz.tmp.hu/20090916_openconnect.txt

What I see:
- disconnection message is not relevant.
- the magic 0xB0 means logging level?

magic / 32 = means the level (emergency, alert, critical, error,
warning, notice...)
magic % 32 = I don't know

Normal disconnection happens when the "magic % 32" = 16 (10, 30, 50,
70, 90, 110, 130, 150...)
Everything else -> abnormal disconnect.

I hope this helps.

Szabolcs