Project Idea

janrinze janrinze at home.nl
Tue Jul 12 22:52:32 PDT 2016

Hi Andrew and the rest,
Yes we have been very busy with Netwinders in the past. The phone you are holding is probably ARM based and it has a linux kernel that has become possible also because of the work we have done on the Netwinders. That phone is more than ten times more powerful than a Netwinder but nonetheless it's very similar. The StrongArm had to do without a FPU which is probably what set it back too far from the competition.
I would love to see a 8 core cortex A73 in a Netwinder setup. It will be very energy efficient and please with about 8 or 16 GB Ram.
That's a dream machine which would allow both office and gaming next to dedicated embedded implementations.
Did you know that I recently built a Acorn Atom from diy.acornatom.nl ? 6502 plus CPLD and FPGA.. Runs my 1980"s software like a charm. :-)
Best regards, Jan Rinze Peterzon.