hwclock/rtc under Debian Etch

Ralph Siemsen ralphs at netwinder.org
Sun Jan 27 16:14:07 EST 2008

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 09:32:58PM -0330, Chad House wrote:

> The off-the-shelf Debian footbridge kernel (2.6.18-5) has
> the RTC support built as modules; none are loaded by default, and the
> kernel's drivers/rtc subdirectory contains

Try drivers/char/rtc.ko if you have it.  You want the old simple RTC
driver, not the new fancy ones from drivers/rtc.  At some point, the
even newer drivers/rtc/rtc-cmos (which you do not appear to have) may
work as well.

> Do any of these support the NetWinder's RTC hardware (which I assume
> is part of the Winbond chip)?

You are correct.  The NetWinder has several Winbond chips though,
the RTC is in the SuperIO chip (W89377F), as opposed to the ISA
bridge ('553) which we often complained about.

-R