DMA with current 2.4.x kernels

François Jacques jacf01 at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 10 23:35:58 EDT 2005

Hi folks,

Anyone has DMA enabled on /dev/had, under Linux 2.4.27 (debian sarge
candidate kernel), on rev5 hardware? This config has the SL82C105
rev5/SouthBridge rev10 combo, which supports DMA.

Every time I try to enable it, it fails here.

I asked on the linux-arm-kernel mailing list, and RMK couldn't help since it
was a long time since he played with the 2.4.x branch. I don't feel
comfortable of moving to his 2.6.x branch yet...

IMHO, we should try to get this fixed before sarge becomes debian' -stable
branch.

Cheerio
François