tftp / NFS Root - eth1?

Gareth Woolridge gareth at moon127.net
Thu Oct 28 10:07:25 EDT 2004

Sorry Ralph et al for digging this up again.

Im pretty sure when I asked it 6 months or more ago, the answer was a
resounding yes, that these days I *should* be able to use the tulip
100Mbit interface for network booting??

Unfortunately we dont have access to the old mailing lists anymore (unless
they are available on teh mirrors??).

If I configure eth1 (tulip) within the nettrom, I dont seem to be able to
tftp the kernel, whereas vie eth0 (winbond) everything etherboots as
expected.

The other issue-ette I came across, was that compiling up a new kernel
with non modular tulip support, the 100 megabit interface becomes eth0 and
the 10 meg eth1 once the kernel starts up...

Any advice or hints?

Basically, the harddrive is dying yet again, I dont want to retire the
netwinder just yet, and as it only hosts my personal sites via DSL, there
is no reason to need anything faster than 10Mbits for the outside world,
but I could do with more performance for NFS!!

Thanks in advance guys!

--
Gareth Woolridge