What happened to the mailing list?

Ralph Siemsen ralphs at netwinder.org
Thu Oct 7 11:44:53 EDT 2004

Jugoslav Djajic wrote:

> I haven't read my mail for 6 months, and I see that no messages were
> coming in for moths. There is no list on the old address, exceptr for
> some "new-list". Also, I think there was a Red Hat 9 based image on ftp
> server, now I see only DM images, and NW9-base.
> Can someone point me to the right direction?

Hi Jugoslav,

The new list is all we have got for the time being.  Considering how
little traffic passed on the previous lists, it made sense to combine
them all into one.  If traffic gets too much, there is always "digest"
mode, or we can create new lists.

Discussions are still ongoing with the ISP regarding getting back the
netwinder.org hardware.  There is data on the hard drive that we do not
have backed up elsewhere (yes, I know, it shouldn't happen, but...).

As for the disk images... you are thinking of NW9 which is the arm port
of RH9.  It was briefly called "rh9" but changed the name just to avoid
any misleading advertising.

Cheers
-Ralph