Patches for ARC

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at uclibc-ng.org
Mon Jun 13 13:38:42 PDT 2016

Hi Alexey,
Alexey Brodkin wrote,

> Hi Waldemar,
>
> Just saw that new change for ARC ("arc: use generic lowlevellock",
> http://cgit.uclibc-ng.org/cgi/cgit/uclibc-ng.git/commit/?id=1b49dc96d103e0151fee290d55cea55aa12c906d).
>
> Even though this is very nice to see fixes and improvements done by people
> outside Synopsys IMHO it still makes sense to add SNPS people in the loop so
> we may review submitted patches.

You are right, I first thought I need to add you, then I thought you
are reading the low traffic list anyway.
Sorry for the trouble.

> So could you please first get an Ack from either Vineet (in Cc) or me before
> committing stuff for ARC? Alternatively just Cc linux-snps-arc at lists.infradead.org.

I will do in the future. Do you thing following patch would be okay
to commit to make changes to architecture specific parts
more formal?

> Again I'm very happy with uClibc-ng and appreciate a lot all your efforts
> and to make uClibc-ng more robust let's review stuff together.
>
> Also it was hard for me to find a relevant patch on the mailing list
> because I was expecting patch to be sent via git "send-email" (which I think
> should be a standard way for patch submissions in uClibc). Only going through a relevant
> thread for ARM I found a message with attached files.

Is the commit okay or do I need to revert it?

@Max: Okay to add you as Xtensa maintainer?

best regards
 Waldemar