5Ghz WiFi blocked by vc4.ko on kernel 5.10.12 on RPi4B 8GB

Dave Stevenson dave.stevenson at raspberrypi.com
Thu Feb 11 07:24:57 EST 2021

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 10:38, Ryutaroh Matsumoto
<ryutaroh at ict.e.titech.ac.jp> wrote:

> Hi Dave, thank you for your reply!
> I send a quick reply to part of your inquiries.
>
> > Is this issue also seen in Raspberry Pi OS?
>
> I have used Raspberry Pi OS 5.4 series, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
> I have seen no problem with WiFi or audio, i.e., they worked perfectly,
> as far as I see.
> If you could give a pointer to installation of Raspberry Pi OS 5.10,
> I will see if the reported problems appear there.

Raspberry Pi OS was updated to use the 5.10 kernel on 1st Feb, so
install the image and "apt update", "apt dist-upgrade" and you should
be on 5.10.

Our latest kernel and firmware releases are always pushed to
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/, although the easiest tool
for updating to them (at least on Raspberry Pi OS) is "sudo
rpi-update" which pulls and installs them from
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware.

  Dave