rpi3 regression in v4.15: no more USB after 'Fix DTC warnings about missing phy-cells' patch

Stefan Wahren stefan.wahren at i2se.com
Wed Jan 10 04:23:18 PST 2018

Hi Hans,

Am 10.01.2018 um 13:11 schrieb Hans Verkuil:
> Hi Stefan, Eric,
>
> Commit 014d6da6cb2525d7f48fb08c705cb130cc7b5f4a ('Fix DTC warnings about
> missing phy-cells') broke USB support on my Raspberry Pi 3 (i.e. lsusb
> shows nothing). After reverting this patch lsusb once again shows the USB devices.
>
> It appears that the Raspberry Pi 2 also has the same problem (not surprisingly):
>
> https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/77052/no-usb-with-upstream-kernel
>
> To be honest, I am no USB PHY expert and I don't know exactly what is wrong with
> this patch, but there is definitely something wrong with it.
>
> BTW, I use the latest u-boot to load the kernel. Not sure if that makes a difference.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Hans

it's an issue in dwc2, not in the DT part. Sorry about that.

A revert of the mentioned patch is a quick workaround.

Arnds solution: https://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=151541714527051&w=2

My solution for usb: https://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=151552631528165&w=2

Would be nice to get some Tested-by.

Stefan