[PATCH V3 0/1] staging: bcm2835-audio: Add support for simultanous HDMI and Headphone audio
mzoran at crowfest.net
Tue Mar 14 17:01:24 PDT 2017
This is V3 of the change to enable simultanous HDMI and Headphone audio
1. Convert to module parameters rather then compile time options
for configurating which virtual sound card should be loaded.
2. Remove unnecessary mutex acquire in snd_bcm2835_new_simple_pcm.
3. Standardize on if (err) instead of if (err < 0).
4. Multiple minor formating fixes.
1. Change the defaults to have the compatible setup the default. Having
multiple virtual cards currently doesn't work well with the default
audio mixer application in Raspbian. So perhaps more testing is
needed before this feature should be on by default.
2. Change the order that the virtual cards load so that if the compability
card is enabled, it is always loaded first regardless of which other cards
are also loaded. This appears to increase compatibility with the Raspbian
Note: Even if this feature is not active by default, alot of code was cleaned
up in the process. Other os other then Raspbian can still use it as well
and perhaps it would make sense for it to be on by default after it gets
Michael Zoran (1):
staging: bcm2835-audio: Add support for simultanous HDMI and Headphone
.../vc04_services/bcm2835-audio/bcm2835-ctl.c | 86 +++++
.../vc04_services/bcm2835-audio/bcm2835-pcm.c | 40 +-
.../staging/vc04_services/bcm2835-audio/bcm2835.c | 412 ++++++++++++++++-----
.../staging/vc04_services/bcm2835-audio/bcm2835.h | 11 +-
4 files changed, 450 insertions(+), 99 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-rpi-kernel