Issue with upstream BCM2835 thermal and hwmon.

Stefan Wahren stefan.wahren at i2se.com
Fri Jul 7 04:32:26 PDT 2017

Hi Michael,

Am 07.07.2017 um 13:02 schrieb Michael Tatarinov:
> Hello
>
> I uses custom kernel based on downstream code (branch rpi-4.12.y now).
> My kernel builds with
> CONFIG_HWMON=y
> CONFIG_THERMAL=y
> CONFIG_THERMAL_HWMON=y
> The downstream thermal driver is registered in hwmon subsystem as
> virtual device but the upstream isn't.
> I'm not sure that the problem is in the upstream driver, maybe this is
> my issue.
> Does anybody can check it with upstream kernel?

i didn't know about the relation between hwmon and thermal.

Could you please do me a favor and do the following steps:
1. Check with your upstream kernel that the thermal_zone is successfully
registered under /sys/class/thermal.
2. Please show me the (missing) hwmon sysfs entries on your downstream
kernel, because i won't trust some userspace program like sensors.

Best regards
Stefan