RPi-3 brcmfmac errors on boot

Michael Zoran mzoran at crowfest.net
Mon Nov 28 13:42:42 PST 2016

On Mon, 2016-11-28 at 11:18 -0500, Don Zickus wrote:

> But bluetooth..
>
> I have a custom built hciattach binary to use to download the special
> bluetooth firmware /lib/firmware/BCM43430A1.hcd
>
> hciattach /dev/ttyAMA0 bcm43xx-3wire 921600 noflow -
>
> However that still times out trying to start the initial download
> (based on
> hciattach debug printfs I have).
>
> I am guessing my bluetooth pins are not setup correctly?  Where can I
> find
> the correct pull ups I need?

You can find the pullups in the downstream device tree source file.  Or
 at least I think that's what's setting up the pullups. Although if you
are detecting it, it might be correct.

I know they made a patch for bluez that might be part of it.  I also
know the Bluetooth module used in the RPI 3 isn't that great.  It's a
serial attached module for all that's worth.