Bug in split transactions on Raspberry Pi

Stefan Wahren stefan.wahren at i2se.com
Mon Jan 25 14:07:35 PST 2016

> Doug Anderson <dianders at chromium.org> hat am 25. Januar 2016 um 21:44
> geschrieben:
>

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Alan Stern <stern at rowland.harvard.edu>
> wrote:

> >> Not offhand. Again, perhaps someone else on this thread will have
> >> more. I did do a quick Google search and came up with:
> >>
> >> http://elinux.org/RPi_Upstream_Kernel_Compilation
> >>
> >> ...but the Raspberry Pi I have at home is running some home automation
> >> stuff so I don't want to give that a try. :-P
> >
> > I followed those instructions, and the result doesn't boot. No easy
> > way to figure out why -- nothing shows up on the HDMI screen but the
> > color splash.
>
> Interestingly enough Stefan Wahren reached out to me after my recent
> patch series indicating that my series didn't fix some other problem
> he was having on his Raspberry Pi. Presumably that means he might
> have some pointers?
>
> Stefan: do you have any pointer to instructions that Alan can use to
> get a booting Raspberry Pi kernel based on mainline Linux?

It sounds like that bootloader doesn't came up.

You will need to add / replace the following files in the FAT partition of an
raspbian:
kernel.img (U-Boot)
boot.scr.uimg
bcm2835-rpi*.dtb (from kernel)
zImage

> ...another interesting idea would be to try to see if you could just
> change the configuration of the Raspberry Pi kernel to switch which
> dwc2 driver it used. Presumably their driver was an addition on top
> of the driver in "drivers/usb/dwc2". In fact, doing a 'git log' on
> drivers/usb/dwc2 in the "rpi-4.4.y" kernel on github it looks pure
> (and Stefan is even the last commit author!)
>
> -Doug

dwc2 is broken in Linux 4.4 and newer

Please apply the following patch series:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=145255851516121&w=2