usb: dwc2: regression during boot on Raspberry Pi

Stefan Wahren info at lategoodbye.de
Wed Nov 11 15:19:51 PST 2015

Hi John,

Am 11.11.2015 um 00:21 schrieb John Youn:
> On 11/9/2015 12:43 PM, Stefan Wahren wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> The gadget side required it but it looks like the host side
> didn't.
>
> When Marek did the low-level hw refactor, some of the gadget
> stuff was brought up to the common layer, including the returning
> of -EPROBE_DEFER when no phys are defined.
>
> I think this requirement can be removed. At least only enforce it
> for the gadget as before.
>
> Could you see if the following fixes it?

the patch looks okay, but it didn't get USB working after applying your
patch in combination with my patch.

devm_phy_get(hsotg->dev, "usb2-phy") failed, but ret has a value of -38.
I don't know where this strange value comes from.

I also experience issues with my rootfs, so i think could be a problem
with my build or the linux-next version. Tomorrow i will try the patches
on top of Felipe's repo.

Thanks
Stefan