[RFC 0/5] replace sdhci-bcm2835 with bcm2835-mmc

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Tue Oct 28 18:42:31 PDT 2014

On 10/28/2014 06:00 PM, Piotr Król wrote:
> Hi all,
> this patch series introduce bcm2835-mmc driver, which is used in Raspberry Pi
> Foundation kernel. It also adds support for slave_sg transfer mode in
> bcm2835-dma driver which is used by bcm2835-mmc to decrease CPU utilization.
> This driver significantly improves throughput and system CPU utilization in
> comparison with sdhci-bcm2835. On my Kingston SDC10/8GB I have ~11MB/s writes
> with 15s of sys CPU load, instead of ~700KB/s and 43s of sys CPU utilization.
>
> Almost all code coming from raspberrypi.org, so I'm looking for feedback about
> missing/broken stuff and things that should be redesigned.

None of the patches have their git authorship set to the original
authors, nor Signed-off-by lines for them. This information should match
up with the original patches from the RPI Foundation tree, although
sometimes that information is missing there too:-( Please take a look at
Documentation/SubmittingPatches section "12) Sign your work".

Patches should be sent to relevant maintainers and mailing lists.
./scripts/get_maintainers.pl should tell you the relevant people and
lists. In particular, I'd expect the following to be CC'd:

* linux-arm mailing list since this series touches an ARM platform.
* devicetree mailing list since this series touches DT bindings.
* linux-mmc mailing list since this series implements an MMC driver.
* bcm2835 and MMC maintainers.