[PATCH v2] ARM: bcm2835: add device tree for Raspberry Pi model B+

Lee Jones lee at kernel.org
Wed Nov 19 09:29:31 PST 2014

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014, Stephen Warren wrote:

> On 11/19/2014 08:29 AM, Lee Jones wrote:
> >>The model B and B+ differ in the GPIO lines for ACT and PWR leds, and the
> >>I2S interface.
> >>
> >>Signed-off-by: Matthias Klein <matthias.klein at linux.com>
> >>---
> >>Changes in v2:
> >>- move the common parts between the B and B+ model into the new bcm2835-rpi.dtsi file
> >>
> >>- add the I2S signals to the B+ file which fix the problem that USB is not working
> >>   with the current bcm2835-rpi-b.dts file on the B+.
> >>---
> >>  arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile               |  1 +
> >>  arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi-b-plus.dts | 30 +++++++++++++++++++
> >>  arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi-b.dts      | 46 ++--------------------------
> >>  arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi       | 51 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >>  4 files changed, 85 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)
> >>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi-b-plus.dts
> >>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2835-rpi.dtsi
> >
> >Sorry for the delay.  I thought RPi world was exceptionally quiet, but
> >in fact I had issues with my newly setup mailbox and filters.  All
> >rectified now in any case.
> >
> >It might be worth noting that this will not likely land in v3.19, as
> >we are one step removed from Linus (i.e. via ARM SoC) and they usually
> >like to have pull-requests in by -rc5.  Unless anyone stamps their
> >feet, I'll be sending this no sooner than v3.20.
> -rc6 is the usual cut-off, and the arm-soc maintainers have said
> that's not always a very strict cut-off; it depends on how invasive
> the patch is (which this isn't) and whether the patch has been in
> linux-next already before getting into arm-soc (and linux-rpi.git's
> for-next branch is in linux-next).

Okay, looks like I'm off-by-one -- I ways thought the cut-off was
-rc5.  Nevertheless, I'll have the patch in -next by tonight (tomorrow
at the latest, as it's getting late and I need to wait for a previous
test-build to finish before I can run this patch), let it stew there
for a couple of weeks and fire them a pull-request around -rc6 and see
what happens.

More information about the linux-rpi-kernel mailing list