[U-Boot] Signed-off-by for RPI U-Boot USB patches

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Mon Feb 3 12:03:01 EST 2014

On 02/03/2014 01:23 AM, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
>> (Sorry for the spam; resending with the correct U-Boot mailing list
>> in CC)
>>
>> On 02/01/2014 11:14 PM, Stephen Warren wrote:
>>> Oleksandr, I'm starting to look at getting USB support enabled for
>>> the Raspberry Pi in mainline U-Boot. To that end, I looked at:
>>>
>>> git://github.com/gonzoua/u-boot-pi.git rpi
>>>
>>> I took the DWC driver from there and applied it to a very recent
>>> mainline U-Boot. It works very well:-)
>
> Could you be more specific about the exact DWC USB IP block, which you
> plan to port for PI?
>
> Is this host or device controller?
>
> The USB controller designed by DesignWare is very popular (at least the
> USB 2.0) in the industry.
>
> For example in u-boot there already is s3c_udc_*.c implementation for
> device controller. Also you can look into the s3c_hsotg.c in the linux
> mainline kernel.

It's a driver for the DWC2 IP block, acting as a host controller (I
don't know if this one can act as a device or not).

(part of my upstreaming process will likely require s/dwc/dwc2/
everywhere, since I know there's at least a DWC3 in the kernel, and I
would assume that means there could be a DWC1 somewhere too).