[U-Boot] Signed-off-by for RPI U-Boot USB patches

Lukasz Majewski l.majewski at samsung.com
Mon Feb 3 03:23:08 EST 2014

Hi Stephen,

> (Sorry for the spam; resending with the correct U-Boot mailing list
> in CC)
>
> On 02/01/2014 11:14 PM, Stephen Warren wrote:
> > Oleksandr, I'm starting to look at getting USB support enabled for
> > the Raspberry Pi in mainline U-Boot. To that end, I looked at:
> >
> > git://github.com/gonzoua/u-boot-pi.git rpi
> >
> > I took the DWC driver from there and applied it to a very recent
> > mainline U-Boot. It works very well:-)

Could you be more specific about the exact DWC USB IP block, which you
plan to port for PI?

Is this host or device controller?

The USB controller designed by DesignWare is very popular (at least the
USB 2.0) in the industry.

For example in u-boot there already is s3c_udc_*.c implementation for
device controller. Also you can look into the s3c_hsotg.c in the linux
mainline kernel.