[RFC] mailbox: Add Broadcom BCM2835 mailbox driver

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Wed Aug 21 13:07:54 EDT 2013

On 08/21/2013 12:31 AM, Craig McGeachie wrote:
> On 08/21/2013 03:30 PM, Stephen Warren wrote:
>> Per Documentation/SubmittingPatches, assuming Lubomir's patches are
>> already appropriately licensed and signed-off, you're quite free to take
>> those patches, modify them as necessary, make a note of what you
>> changed, add your sign-off, and repost the result for inclusion upstream.
>
> Thank you very much.  I shall try that, but I will probably go quiet for
> a while.  I'm finding it difficult to get the current upstream kernel to
> boot. ...
> ...  I've tried u-boot, which loads up just fine, but it refuses to
> read the SD card (something about unknown partition table) and almost

Using a different SD card might make a difference. Different cards
support different transfer modes, and it's quite possible the upstream
driver is advertising support for some modes that need additional HW bug
workarounds that aren't present.

Also, which U-Boot are you using? The one with USB support is based on a
rather old U-Boot code-base; perhaps try Denx's official u-boot.git?