Aw: Re: Re: [RFC/RFT 1/6] dt-bindings: phy: rockchip: add pcie3 phy

Frank Wunderlich frank-w at public-files.de
Tue Apr 19 13:36:52 PDT 2022

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. April 2022 um 21:43 Uhr
> Von: "Krzysztof Kozlowski" <krzysztof.kozlowski at linaro.org>
> An: "Frank Wunderlich" <frank-w at public-files.de>
> Betreff: Re: Aw: Re: [RFC/RFT 1/6] dt-bindings: phy: rockchip: add pcie3 phy
>
> On 19/04/2022 19:49, Frank Wunderlich wrote:
> >> The list should be strictly ordered (defined), so:
> >>   items:
> >>     - const: ...
> >>     - const: ...
> >>     - const: ...
> >>   minItems: 1
> >>
> >> However the question is - why the clocks have different amount? Is it
> >> per different SoC implementation?
> >
> > i only know the rk3568, which needs the clocks defined here, don't know about rk3588 yet.
> > in rk3568 TPM i have the pcie-part seems missing (at least the specific register definition), so i had used the driver as i got it from the downstream kernel.
> >
> > not yet looked if i find a rk3588 TPM and if this part is there as i cannot test it (one of the reasons this is a rfc/rft).
>
> You can skip RK3588 compatible or define it this strictly also for that
> chip.

currently driver does clk_bulk initialization so i would define it like you suggested (without any SoC specific switch):

  clocks:
    minItems: 1
    maxItems: 3

  clock-names:
    items:
      - const: "refclk_m"
      - const: "refclk_n"
      - const: "pclk"

    minItems: 1

> >> I don't understand the description. Do you mean here a case when the
> >> variable is missing?
> >
> > yes, if the property is not set, then value is PHY_MODE_PCIE_AGGREGATION = 4
>
> Then just use "default: 4"

> >> Please explain these values. Register values should not be part of
> >> bindings, but instead some logical behavior of hardware or its logic.
> >
> > it's a bitmask, so maybe

> >       bit0: bifurcation for port 0
> >       bit1: bifurcation for port 1
> >       bit2: aggregation
>
> That's good. I got impression you have a header with these values. If
> yes - mention it here.
>
> >       use PHY_MODE_PCIE_AGGREGATION (4) as default
>
> Just use default as I wrote above.

so like this?

  rockchip,pcie30-phymode:
    $ref: '/schemas/types.yaml#/definitions/uint32'
      set the phy-mode for enabling bifurcation
      bit0: bifurcation for port 0
      bit1: bifurcation for port 1
      bit2: aggregation
      constants are defined in the dt-bindings/phy/phy-rockchip-pcie3.h
    minimum: 0x0
    maximum: 0x4
    default: 0x4

regards Frank