changes to scheduler from mainline 4.8 to 4.10?

John Keeping john at metanate.com
Wed Mar 29 10:07:06 PDT 2017

On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 08:27:58 -0700, Bert Schiettecatte wrote:

> > Are you using the RT patchset [1] and CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT_FULL?  I'm able
> > to run at 44100Hz with 128 sample buffers on RK3288 with appropriate
> > thread priorities (although that is on a 4.4 series kernel, I haven't
> > tested audio performance on more recent versions).
>
> I can't find that setting in my kernel config. I saw those patch sets,
> but did not apply them yet since I am not sure how relevant they still
> are for a 4.10 kernel? Has anyone applied these patches to more recent
> kernels than 4.4 and is it possible to do so?

It's easiest just to grab the RT kernel sources, the current rt-devel
series is on 4.9 [1].  I'm not sure how easy it will be to migrate that
forward to 4.10, maybe backporting the audio gadget fixes you need is
easier.

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rt/linux-rt-devel.git/

Regards,
John