How to implement a EGL or DRM display in VA-API driver

Randy Li randy.li at rock-chips.com
Thu Oct 27 19:05:29 PDT 2016

On 10/27/2016 11:03 PM, Xiang, Haihao wrote:
> [...]
I see, thank you.

>>   The DRM seems more complex, the reason I want to use the DRM is that,
>> GPU would not work with the 4K video rendering, so the DRM means that
>> directly output the video into video controller in our platform. But still have no
>> idea what kind of thing I should implement in the VA-API driver. It seems that
>> the VA-API base library would open a DRM instance for the driver, but leaving
>> those configure for connector, encoder, planes to VA-API driver?
About the DRM, I have implemented a version which pretends a X output, I
would like to know a better way.

> configure for connector, encoder, planes aren't a part of va-api driver.  You should check libdrm and drm/i915.
> You can refer to the test case of modetest in libdrm (git.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm)
>

>>   Could you guys give me same sample code or example of those kind of
>> display in VA-API or the documents would help(I would not image there is a
>> VA-API documents)
>>
>> --
>> Randy Li
>> The third produce department

Randy Li
The third produce department
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
message. [Fuzhou Rockchip Electronics, INC. China mainland]