How to implement a EGL or DRM display in VA-API driver

Xiang, Haihao haihao.xiang at intel.com
Thu Oct 27 08:03:42 PDT 2016

VADriverVTableEGL is deprecated in libva, we has a more efficient way to use vaapi and egl.
You can refer to the examples in libyami-utils (https://github.com/01org/libyami-utils.git) for
how to use vaapi and egl.

>   The DRM seems more complex, the reason I want to use the DRM is that,
>GPU would not work with the 4K video rendering, so the DRM means that
>directly output the video into video controller in our platform. But still have no
>idea what kind of thing I should implement in the VA-API driver. It seems that
>the VA-API base library would open a DRM instance for the driver, but leaving
>those configure for connector, encoder, planes to VA-API driver?

configure for connector, encoder, planes aren't a part of va-api driver.  You should check libdrm and drm/i915.
You can refer to the test case of modetest in libdrm (git.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm)