[RISC-V] [tech-unixplatformspec] Public review of Supervisor Binary Interface (SBI) Specification

Atish Kumar Patra atishp at rivosinc.com
Wed Jan 12 12:32:13 PST 2022

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 10:59 AM Jonathan Behrens <behrensj at mit.edu> wrote:

> If I understand correctly, per the description of `sbi_probe_extension`, each of the extensions are supposed to specify an "extension-specific non-zero value" to return if they are available. However, right now I don't think any of them do. Is this something that should be fixed?

The description says "Returns 0 if the given SBI extension ID (EID) is
not available, or an extension-specific non-zero value if it is
available"
The specification says it should be non-zero as the value "0"
indicates non-availability of the extension. The exact return value
should be an implementation detail.