[RFC PULL] remove arch/h8300

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu Apr 7 00:17:17 PDT 2022

On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 11:25 PM Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> I'm interested in H8300 because it's a tiny architecture (under 6k lines total,
> in 93 files) and thus a good way to see what a minimal Linux port looks like. If
> somebody would like to suggest a different one for that...

Anything that is maintained is usually a better example, and it helps when the
code is not old enough to have accumulated a lot of historic baggage.

The arch/riscv/ code is generally a good example base for others to copy.
It's not nearly as small, but that is mostly because it implements optional
features that could be left out. csky is a smaller example that is also
fairly clean and new, but less featureful.

         Arnd