[RFC PULL] remove arch/h8300

Guenter Roeck linux at roeck-us.net
Tue Apr 5 17:12:10 PDT 2022

On 4/5/22 15:01, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 11:26 PM Guenter Roeck <linux at roeck-us.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 04, 2022 at 03:07:06PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>>>
>>> Should we garbage-collect some of the other nommu platforms where
>>> we're here? Some of them are just as stale:
>>>
>>> 1. xtensa nommu has does not compile in mainline and as far as I can
>>> tell never did
>>>     (there was https://github.com/jcmvbkbc/linux-xtensa/tree/xtensa-5.6-esp32,
>>> which
>>>     worked at some point, but I don't think there was enough interest
>>> to get in merged)
>>
>> Hmm, I build and test nommu_kc705_defconfig in my test system.
>
> What toolchain do you use for this? Max already pointed out my mistake
> regarding xtensa, which I thought does not build at all, but just needs
> a toolchain specific to the cpu.

Home-built using buildroot. I have three different xtensa toolchains
(de212, dc232b, and dc233c). The toolchain for kc705_nommu needs the
de212 overlay; I think Max pointed to to the information needed
to build the compiler. Buildroot has the "XTENSA_OVERLAY_FILE"
option to specify the compiler overlay file for the target.

Guenter