perf tools build broken for RISCV 32 bit

Arnd Bergmann arnd at kernel.org
Mon Jan 18 10:19:47 EST 2021

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 3:53 PM Emiliano Ingrassia
<ingrassia at epigenesys.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after some searching I found this patch from Yocto project:
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org/msg01004.html.
>
> I don't know if it's ever been proposed as mainline patch.
>
> What do you think about it? Could it be the right solution?

No. While this makes it work on rv32, it does not fix it in a
way that makes it work on other architectures with a time64
libc. If you fix it, please do it in a way that works on all architectures.

I had really expected both Alistair and Khem to know better.

      Arnd