[ANOTHER BUG? kernel 2.6.32] 3com 3c562 card can't access CIS

Jar jar at pcuf.fi
Fri Jan 1 13:22:29 EST 2010

On 1.1.2010 18:57, Dominik Brodowski wrote:

> As this happens on a 2.6.32 kernel, still with the "old" debug
> infrastructure: Could you enable debug output for the pcmcia and the
> pcmcia_core modules (N=2) and send me the dmesg, please? First with the card
> inserted at boot, and then what happens if you issue "pccardctl eject;
> pccardctl insert"

This can be (and probably is) totally unrelated, but e.g. in Fedora 10
somewhere in their 2.6.27.xx kernel series updates, my USB 3G modem
stopped to work if it was plugged to USB port at the boot time. After
booting, doing unplug->replug it started to work normally.

I just wonder if there is something wrong in the kernel hotplug system
or something.

--
Best Regards, Jar