How to supply firmware for PCMCIA cards (e.g. TAMAROCK)?

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Thu Sep 17 15:17:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

> Now I'm a bit confused since tamarack.cis is neither provided by the
> kernel nor by pcmciautils.  Did I oversee something, or is this
> a topic that requires attention?  I noticed some .cis have been added
> to firmware/cis/ in the kernel recently, but not this one.

Probably due to no hardware for testing. As the cis used to be shipped with
pcmcia-cs, I guess it is GPL and thus distributable. You can try preparing a
patch like [1], so that the card will get recognized again. But unlike the
poster in [1], please cc this list ;)

Regards,

   Wolfram

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/125924

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |