Possible bug in ide_cs module

Dave Flogeras dflogeras at akoostix.com
Tue Mar 24 12:26:40 EDT 2009

Hello

I may have discovered a bug in the way PCMCIA handles an IDE drive.  I plugged
a compact flash card (with a CF->PCMCIA adapter) into my laptop.  I did what
I needed to do, then ejected the card with 'pccard eject'

After this, I noticed if I did a 'lsmod' I see:

Module                  Size  Used by
ide_cs                  9728  4294967295

It seems that the ide_cs usage count got (possibly) double decremented causing
it to roll over.

My hardware is a Dell D820 laptop, and lspci reports this about the cardbus
bridge:

03:01.0 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. Cardbus bridge (rev 21)
        Subsystem: Dell Device 01cc
        Flags: bus master, stepping, slow devsel, latency 168, IRQ 19
        Memory at ecb00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Bus: primary=03, secondary=04, subordinate=07, sec-latency=176
        Memory window 0: 88000000-8bfff000 (prefetchable)
        Memory window 1: 8c000000-8ffff000
        I/O window 0: 00002000-000020ff
        I/O window 1: 00002400-000024ff
        16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001
        Kernel driver in use: yenta_cardbus
        Kernel modules: yenta_socket

This is on a 2.6.27 kernel (Gentoo).

Let me know if you need any more info/testing

Thanks,
Dave Flogeras

--
The information contained in this e-mail may contain confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose. The