yenta-socket IRQ problems

Robert Kentish robert at bertworld.com
Tue Aug 4 09:44:34 EDT 2009

Hello All,

I've spent the last couple of days attempting to get my Epia MII board to
boot from the onboard CF slot. I'm using coreboot v2 and have successfully
created a working kernel that will load from a CF card and detect both the
socket and the card.

The problem I have is that I have to boot the kernel with the irqpoll option
otherwise I get "qc timeout (cmd 0x91)" and "failed to IDENTIFY
(INIT_DEV_PARAMS failed, err_mask=0x4)" errors when the pata_pcmcia module
is inserted and the card is not accessible.