help withhardware for pcmcia to usb cardbus

sara fink sara.fink at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 15:06:40 EDT 2008

Hello Everyone

I have a usb web camera. Z-Star Microelectronics Corp. ZC0301 WebCam.

It used to work with skype, msn. Recently all my usb ports were fried,
so I bought a pcmcia to usb card. In lsusb the camera is detected. Bus
007 Device 010: ID 0ac8:301b Z-Star Microelectronics Corp. ZC0301
WebCam

I also have an external hd formatted with reiserfs and it isn't
recognized at all. I have pcmciautils, I used pccardtl insert, in the
kernel I have installed yenta-card. sandisk disk on key works, mouse
works.

The only thing that is weird is: ls /sys/bus/pcmcia/devices/ gives me nothing.

Here is the output of lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 007 Device 010: ID 0ac8:301b Z-Star Microelectronics Corp. ZC0301 WebCam
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 006 Device 013: ID 04b3:310b IBM Corp. Red Wheel Mouse
Bus 006 Device 012: ID 058f:9254 Alcor Micro Corp. Hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

How can I make the web camera and hd to work?

Here is my kernel setup:
│ │                   --- PCCard (PCMCIA/CardBus) support
                                        │ │
  │ │                   [*]   Enable PCCARD debugging
                                          │ │
  │ │                   <*>   16-bit PCMCIA support
                                          │ │
  │ │                   [*]     Load CIS updates from userspace
(EXPERIMENTAL)                                   │ │
  │ │                   [*]     PCMCIA control ioctl (obsolete)
                                          │ │
  │ │                   -*-   32-bit CardBus support
                                          │ │
  │ │                         *** PC-card bridges ***
                                          │ │
  │ │                   <*>   CardBus yenta-compatible bridge support

lspci output:

02:00.0 USB Controller: NEC Corporation USB (rev 43)
02:00.1 USB Controller: NEC Corporation USB (rev 43)
02:00.2 USB Controller: NEC Corporation USB 2.0 (rev 04)