[KERNEL 2.6.26-rc4] bugreport : pata_pcmcia with Sandisk Extreme III 8GB

Komuro komurojun-mbn at nifty.com
Fri Jul 11 22:39:16 EDT 2008

Hello,

> Ah... super strange.  Can you please try to swap memory sticks around
> and see whether anything changes to rule out bad memory?

I tried the pata_pcmcia on 3(three) PC.but the result is same.
So I think the memory is good.

> Another
> possibility is DMA corrupting the memory and printk makes the timing
> different and dodges the bullet.  Does putting msleep(100) in the
> pata_pcmcia init_one make any difference?

I tried the msleep , but it still does not work.

By the way,
If I delete the pata_pcmcia.ko from /lib/modules/...
and insert the ata pcmcia card,
only /sys/bus/pcmcia/devices/0.0 exist.

But if I install the pata_pcmcia.ko,
/sys/bus/pcmcia/devices/0.0 and