speedstream wlan card

Peter Stuge stuge-linux-pcmcia at cdy.org
Mon Sep 17 18:14:02 EDT 2007

Hi Gerald,

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 09:04:11PM +0200, Gerald Willmann wrote:
> Hi Peter:  thanks for your reply.  I have to admit that I'm just a
> simple user.

It is polite to keep the discussion on the mailing list. I write to
the list partly in order to help people who ask for help, but more
importantly to help people who search the archives in the future.
This only works when the mailing list forum is respected.

> How would I add those checksums to the driver. Looked at modinfo
> orinoco_cs but that did help me.

It requires making a one line addition to the driver source code.
If you don't think you can do it all on your own I'd be happy to make
a patch for you - which you could apply to your kernel sources and
after a rebuild of your kernel and reboot/driver reload the driver
should bind to the card.

If this is all too much then I guess you're stuck waiting for the
patch to first make it into the upstream kernel branch, and then from
there into your distribution of choice - which probably takes a
couple of months.

Again, please make sure to keep the discussion on the mailing list.
This goes for every single open source project. Mailing lists will
usually have headers in the email message that allow smart email
programs to recognize that the message came from a list, and offer
a special list reply function. Very useful feature but unfortunately
not ubiquituos quite yet.

//Peter