speedstream wlan card

Gerald Willmann gerald.willmann at econ.kuleuven.be
Tue Oct 30 03:54:29 EDT 2007

Hi Dominik:  haven't found the time and realistically won't before Xmas -
new job, 700 km from home, and 3 young kids at home - and I've never
compiled a kernel.
I'm relatively confident, though, that it'll work if one just adds a line
with 0x02ac & 0x3021 instead of 0x02ac & 0x0002, given that the driver has
always worked with the below lines in the config file.
  #manfid 0x02ac, 0x0002
   manfid 0x02ac, 0x3021
I'd be happy to snailmail you the card for you to check if you want to do
that. Just let me know the address.  many thanks,  Gerald

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007, Dominik Brodowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 02:57:31PM +0200, Gerald Willmann wrote:
>>> It requires making a one line addition to the driver source code.
>>> If you don't think you can do it all on your own I'd be happy to make
>>> a patch for you - which you could apply to your kernel sources and
>>> after a rebuild of your kernel and reboot/driver reload the driver
>>> should bind to the card.
>>
>> I've installed the source and found the corresponding line.
>> Will either modify it or duplicate/modify it and see that I get it
>> compiled and running.  Seems that debian allows you to do this via
>> make-kpkg which should help.  Will report back whether it works once
>> I've found the time - hopefully next week.
>
> Any news on this? Did it work? Do you have a patch you'd want to submit?
>
> Best,
> 	Dominik

Gerald
--