CF GPS unit trouble.

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Sun Oct 28 09:27:25 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 02:28:31AM -0700, Xamindar wrote:
> I can not cat /dev/ttyS1 and receive any data (should be able to see
> data) or get gpsd to use it.  Isn't ttyS0 and ttyS1 used for the
> internal serial ports anyway?

It depends. If you issue the following command, you should be able to tell
whether /dev/ttyS1 points to an internal serial port or the PCMCIA card:

# readlink /sys/class/tty/ttyS1/device

> Socket 1:
>    product info: "CFGPS", "LPV1.0", "", ""
>    manfid: 0x0104, 0x0060
>    function: 2 (serial)

looks good.

> pccardctl status
> Socket 0:
>    no card
> Socket 1:
>    3.3V 16-bit PC Card
>    Subdevice 0 (function 0) bound to driver "serial_cs"

Also looks good, as far as I can tell. Could you post the output of

lspcmcia -vvv

and

/proc/ioports

please?