[2/3] 2.6.22-rc2: known regressions v2

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu May 24 16:02:39 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 12:50 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> There's a huge difference between "You killed my father, prepare to
> die", and "Btw, I didn't like that, but I'll just continue".

There are three cases, not two:

1. Something slightly suboptimal happened. We didn't like it.
2. Something very broken happened but we can recover so there's no
   need to actually commit Harikiri right now.
3. Oh fuck.

We are currently using WARN_ON() for both of the first two; I think Ingo
is merely suggesting that we start to differentiate between them. Which
makes a certain amount of sense.

--
dwmw2